Frequently asked questions about the NJ Arthritis & Osteoporosis Center, Adult & Geriatric Rheumatology
What is a Rheumatologist?
- A subspecialty certification by the Board of Internal
Medicine; practitioners treat diseases of the joints, muscles, bones,
and tendons. A Rheumatologist is a physician who has
trained extensively in the diagnosis and treatment of both adult and
geriatrics rheumatic disorders. The training to become a Rheumatologist
involves completion of three years of training in Internal Medicine and
two to three years of further training in Rheumatology. The
rheumatologist diagnoses and treats arthritis, back pain, muscle
strains, common athletic injuries, etc. The rheumatologist may work
closely with other specialists such as orthopaedic surgeons and physical
What is a the specility of Geriatric Rheumatology (sometimes referred to as Gerontorheumatology)?
- Geriatric Rheumatology focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of the many arthritic and rheumatic conditions that attribute to lifestyle changes and functional impairment in the elderly.
What are some of the conditions does D. Michael P Lewko diagnose and treat?
- Osteoarthritis of knees, hips and other joints
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Lupus (discoid and systemic)
- Back pain
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Psoriatic arthritis polymyalgia rheumatica
What Services are provided at office?
- Consultaions and continuity of care
of arthitis, rheumatic disorders, bone and muscle disorders,
and back disorders of the adult and geriatric patient.
- Ultrasound - guided jont injection treatments of arthritis, busitis and tendinitis
- Ultrasound assessment and diagnostic testing
- Bone density testing for Osteoporosis - screening and monitoring of ongoing treatment
- On site infusion therapy - intravenous
drug infusion treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis,
Psoriatic Arthritis, Ankylosing Spodylitis, Lupus, Osteoporosis and
- On site phlebotomy - drawing of blood.
What languages are spoken at NJ Arthritis and Osteoporosis Center?
What Health Insurance Conmpanies do you accept?
- Horizon BC/BS
- Qual Care
- Empire BCBS
- United Healthcare
Patient is responsible for any co payment at time of office visit.
What are your office hours? .
Click this link
Is your office accessible by NJ Transit?
Yes, Accessible via NJ Transit Bus 199 from Lyndhurst and Nutley. For NJ Transit directions and schedule, click here